Wednesday 1 July 2009

The ubiquitous John Barrowman...

...talking about Torchwood, the upcoming 'Children of Earth' and his love for Captain Jack on Wales Online.



So, he would love to play Captain Jack for the rest of his career.

He said: "If I were asked just to play Jack in Torchwood for the next 20 years I'd be happy and content."

"I've said it before and I'll say it again, any time I see Captain Jack on camera or on screen I absolutely love him."

"I think he's great, I think he's a great character, a great hero and it's not me being egotistical in saying that. I say it because I enjoy playing him, I think he's brilliant and also he's changed my life.

We all know he loves sci-fi and always tries to attend the conventions and loves to talk to fans of the show.

"I think it's because we deal with real things - although we deal with them in a science fiction way - we deal with real emotion, we deal with real humour, we deal with real people, we deal with real relationships, you know, and it's right in front of you."

"Everybody can see themselves in somebody in Torchwood I think and that partially makes it the success that it is."


***


By the way, I don't know about you, but I wasn't particularly overwhelmed by the play on BBC Radio 4 today. It was okay, but I just don't think the thrill is there for me unless I can feast my eyes on Captain Jack and Ianto going at it! ;)

Another play tomorrow, same time, same place, so we'll have to see how that one goes.

1 comments:

betty said...

thank you - great

Hit Statistics
Web Site Statistics