Friday 10 July 2009

Torchwood, Children of Earth Day 4 - SPOILERS FOR THIS EPISODE ONLY

Okay, so they not only did it again last night, they bettered it! 6.2 million viewers (27% share) going up to 6.3m (27.1%) in the last 15 minutes from 21:45!!! That rise in the last fifteen minutes was all due to twitter I think. The tweets going around last night were telling people that something big was going down and not to miss it.

I'm not really going to go into too much detail about last night's show, I'm just going to say this. This episode had everything, laughter, suspense, abject sadness AND it took one heck of a risk which we've seen the result of all over the net. They killed off Ianto and fans are not happy, in fact a heck of a lot of them are absolutely furious! What's even worse than him dying, is that when Ianto took his last dying breath he declared his love for Jack. Did Jack reciprocate? Did Jack profess his never ending affection for him? No and no! Well then, exactly what DID Jack say... well, not much at all really. The fans are not happy. Not only are they in uproar because TPTB killed Ianto, but those same PTB didn't even get Jack to tell the poor boy that he loved him! Shame on them!

I'm not going to complain to TPTB about the storyline or the ending. You know as well as I do that this is sci-fi people and as we've seen before in Torchwood the end doesn't necessarily mean the end! Don't all jump on me, I don't know anything. I haven't read anything about Day 5 so this is purely my feelings. I don't expect to get a happy ending tonight, but I'm just saying that it's possible, so let's just wait and see.

Anyway, this was another fabulously written episode by John Fay and as usual Euros Lyn directs with precision and the acting, well, the acting was superb! I have some favourites, but I'll tell you about those tomorrow after we know the outcome and some of the dust settles.

Saddest moments for me - apart from Ianto of course - were poor Clem's ear-bleeding, screaming demise and those sad, sad tears of Lois' running down the seeing-eye contact lenses.

Roll on Day 5.

0 comments:

Hit Statistics
Web Site Statistics