Friday 31 July 2009

John Barrowman on Desperate Housewives...

Oh Em Gee! John Barrowman on Desperate Housewives! That show just... well, I'm lost for words! Hee! Can you imagine him on there? He's going to camp up the campest show on TV!
John Barrowman: 'I'm going to be a Desperate Housewife'

Torchwood actor jets to Los Angeles to join cast of hit ABC show

Torchwood star John Barrowman revealed today that he is to swap the BBC Wales sci-fi production for Hollywood with a part on Desperate Housewives. Barrowman revealed his career move in a phone chat on Chris Moyles's Radio 1 breakfast show this morning. "I'm off to Los Angeles on Sunday again," Barrowman announced. "I probably shouldn't say this but I've got a meeting with the execs of Desperate Housewives; can you believe it, I'm going to be a Desperate Housewife!" When Moyles's producer Aled Haydn Jones asked if he could come and hang out with him in LA, Barrowman replied: "You can come and be my lover, Aled!" Moyles wasn't having any of it, and instead asked if he could come and be his "roly-poly gardener". Barrowman replied: "You can be the roly-poly gardener or the handyman with the big butt crack." Monkey is guessing Moyles might somehow not fit in with the body beautiful edict on the ABC show.

5 comments:

betty said...

It is going to be one of the "one off shows" that they do - so it should be good. I want Torchwood to come back

Evie said...

@betty Of course, he hasn't got the time to be in it for more than one episode! ;)

After it's amazing success both in the UK and the US, I think the Beeb will do everything in their power to get RTD to do another Torchwood.

betty said...

Well even if RTD does not I am sure the other talented writers can as it would be a shame to lose Torchwood now - also the BBC knows how popular Dr. Who and Torchwood are and (Dr. Who made a huge comeback after all those years so it would be silly for them to ditch the programmes -

betty said...

Maybe you can paint some creatures for them!!!!

Evie said...

@betty Oh, I'm pretty sure that RTD will be writing more Torchwood if the Beeb commissions it. If he wanted to leave I think he would be as open about it as he was with wanted to leave DW. I agree that there are other talented writers on Torchwood, John Fay and James Moran for a start, but I think RTD is the plot/ideas man behind all the stories.

Btw, it would be like going back twenty years if I were to 'paint' the creatures. It's all CGI now! :)

Hit Statistics
Web Site Statistics