Friday 26 June 2009

What a very sad day...



Yes, yesterday was a very sad day indeed.

I think everyone was expecting the news that the brave battle Farrah Fawcett had been having with cancer for three years now had ended and that the cancer had finally won. I think it was lovely that she got back together with Ryan O'Neal before her death and I really hope that she found great comfort in having him around for the last few years.

Rest in Peace, Farrah.




***



So, to the shock. Michael Jackson is dead. Apparently from a heart attack.

I was a huge fan. Firstly, of The Jackson 5, then The Jacksons and lastly of Michael when he went solo and became the huge success that he was. I, like the rest of the world, loved him. He was the most fantastic entertainer at that time.

Later though, I just couldn't get passed all his strange and very questionable behaviour with kids, both his own and all those others he invited to his home for playtimes and sleepovers. I know, I know, he was never convicted of any wrongdoing, but after all that I found it impossible to feel the same way about him.

What I can't help wondering now is, did he take an accidental overdose of those prescription painkillers he was apparently on causing the cardiac arrest or, dare I say it, was life so stressful for him with the pressure of his getting older and that massive upcoming UK tour cause him to do something unthinkable?

I don't know. What I do know is that it proves, yet again, that success and fame can come too early. That childhood can be stolen and it's never good. Money and success are NOT enough to live a happy life. You need lots of love, freedom and a huge helping of luck for that to happen.

Rest in Peace, Michael.

0 comments:

Hit Statistics
Web Site Statistics