Sunday 7 June 2009

Roger wins at last!



I'm over the moon that Roger Federer has won the French Open and achieved what many people thought he'd never achieve, a Career Grand Slam. In the process, of course, he also tied with Pete Sampras' record of 14 Grand Slam titles. As much as I love Pete, we need progress so that record has to go and we only have to wait another two weeks until Wimbledon on the 22nd, to see whether he can set a new record and beat Pete's.

It was a great match, too, but I was so nervous I thought he was going to lose that last game, but he held on and won like a true champion. Absolutely fabulous.

It was also lovely to see two old favourites of mine, Steffi Graph and Andre Agassi, presenting the trophies this year. I loved them as individuals when they were both playing fabulous tennis, but I love them just as much as a couple, they always look so happy together and the love just shines through. :)

0 comments:

Hit Statistics
Web Site Statistics