Tuesday 30 June 2009

Hang on a minute, 'John Barrowman blasts BBC bosses'???

What is this all about?

I thought from everything I'd read since we first heard that the third season of Torchwood was being shown on five consecutive days, that John was happy about this!

Well, it seems that he isn't. No, he's not happy at all.

In fact, he feels that the BBC is punishing the success of Torchwood, which has been gaining viewers since it first premiered on BBC3. It was so successful in fact that the BBC moved it from BBC3 to BBC2 last year and subsequently to BBC1 this year. What has got John's blood boiling is the fact that the season has been more than halved with only five hour-long episodes instead of the earlier 13 episode seasons.



I must admit that, as I've said before here, I'm not at all sure about the five consecutive days idea or the foreshortened season. There are only two things which are consoling me at the moment and they are firstly, that according to this article as well as others, Russell T. Davies says that Season 4 is ready to go, and is only dependent upon the viewing figures for next week's Season 3. Secondly, I have every faith in RTD and I'm certain that the five episode season showing over five days and the three plays on BBC Radio 4 this week are both his idea. Remember what he did with the second season of the original Queer as Folk over here? He just loves to mix things up and he'd be the first one to admit that sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. So, we'll see.

Just remember people, if you don't watch Season 3 and keep those viewing figures up, we are less likely to have a Season 4 to either look forward to or just simply moan about! :)


***



When I saw that picture of John Barrowman above, it jogged a memory and, as I had already mentioned Queer as Folk, I thought that gave me a wonderful reason - as if I needed one - for posting a picture of Gale Harold, the fabulous 'Brian Kinney' in Queer as Folk US.

Notice the shirts everyone? If it wasn't for the fact that the shirt Gale has on is about five years old now, I'd swear that he and John share a wardrobe! ;)

0 comments:

Hit Statistics
Web Site Statistics