Monday 17 November 2008

Some thoughts on Gale in "City on Fire" on DH last night!

Well, the first thing I noticed about this episode I suppose is the fact that Gale wasn't in City on Fire as much as I'd hoped, but considering that this was the first episode affected by Gale's accident, that's not so unexpected.

The second thing I wondered about was the meeting, or rather the lack of a meeting, between Jackson and Susan's daughter, Julie. I may well be imagining this, but I'm sure I read some weeks ago that upon this meeting Jackson liked Julie and she really liked him. I wanted to see this, don't ask me why, but it could be because we haven't really seen ANY of Jackson's meetings with people important to Susan. Well, apart from Mike and MJ. *sigh*

Another thing, the third I suppose, that left an impression on me was the fact that Marc Cherry presumably thought it important for Gale's part in the show to make sure that we DID see (even though it most definitely wasn't GALE!) Jackson escape the bathroom during the fire! I think this was quite telling, considering those other experiences of Jackson I mentioned, that we haven't been privy to! This also answered the question as to whether Jackson was hurt during the fire. Well, he ran towards Susan like a bat out of hell, NOT like a man dying, or even just injured, by smoke inhalation!

Our last view of Jackson and Susan hugging tightly was really beautiful! This also confirms that, although Gale will not be available for filming for awhile, at least until he gets a little better, Marc Cherry did not take the easy way out and have Jackson injured or even killed during the fire.

I enjoyed the episode, Jackson sashaying across the dance floor to whisk Susan off was priceless, but best scene of all was that beautiful mobile face, those lips, those eyebrows and those eyes! Yep, you know the scene I mean! Fabulous, the boy doesn't even NEED words! Well done, Gale!

Okay, so I know a lot of you won't be bothering to watch Desperate Housewives until you have confirmation that Gale is back. However, I have decided to download as usual to keep the story fresh in my mind and to note and squee and write about, for all those who are interested, how many times and in what circumstances the name "Jackson" is mentioned!

Keep Gale in your thoughts!


Hurry and get well, Gale, we're all thinking of you!

0 comments:

Hit Statistics
Web Site Statistics