Tuesday 19 May 2009

Gale in DH finale and Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake back in London...

So how did everyone enjoy the DH two-hour finale (sorry this won't air in the UK for a couple of weeks) and more importantly Gale's scenes? I know almost everyone was disappointed that Gale's scenes weren't prolific in the first hour and were non-existent in the second, but I'm still very grateful to Marc Cherry for letting us see Gale back in action as fit and as beautiful as ever. He didn't have to, he could have left things as they were when he had to alter the scripts after Gale's accident. It would have only been us, Gale's fans, who would have been hurt and upset if he had taken that route, but he didn't, he told us all that Gale would be back when he was recovered enough and he kept that promise to us.

He also did something even more important for Gale, he had all those interviews arranged and all that publicity a few weeks ago, shouting out to the world and to us fans that Gale was fully recovered and more than capable of doing a great acting job (very beautiful and more articulate than ever too). For that I will always be grateful to him.

As for the rest well I'm in two minds, I would love Gale to be back on our screens in season 6, if that's what he, and indeed Marc Cherry, want. Although, just like the rest of his fans, I just can't help wanting something more for him, something grittier, something with a bit more guts, something with a lot bit more flesh...

Oh, what the hell, I'll love whatever he's in just because!


***


Okay, onto my bit of good news.

Tickets went on sale yesterday for Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake for a very limited run at Sadler's Wells over the Christmas holidays and my friend, B, managed to grab a couple of wonderful seats for me! She doesn't want to come with me though, I think she has trouble getting her head around "the Swan" dancing in a pair of feathered trousers rather than a little tutu! :)

I've been wanting to see this for about eight years now, so I'm thrilled at the thought of seeing it!

***


I'm still debating whether to go and see his production of Oscar Wilde's Dorian Gray which is here in London in July.

This is a review from last year by Stephen Fry:
"A fantastically exciting, imaginative, gripping and thrilling evening in the theatre... a vision of the story that Oscar would have recognised... like the original it is sexy, dizzying, tumultuous, frightening and profoundly moral. You will be swept away"
Which makes it very, very tempting, but, as much as I am inclined to put my faith in Stephen's feelings about it, there have been other reviews a lot less enthusiastic to say the least! :)

0 comments:

Hit Statistics
Web Site Statistics