Saturday 3 October 2009

Russell Crowe does such weird stuff...

and that's why I love him!

He's just given away a £60,000 (approx. US$95,514) prop from his film Robin Hood to the Clanranald Trust in Scotland, a charitable organisation which aims to raise awareness of Scottish culture and heritage through interactive education.

The prop - a battering ram - will be used during their medieval battle re-enactments, which will be held at the replica medieval Motte and Bailey Fort they are building in the Fintry Hills. They hope it will serve as a visitor attraction.

Apparently the idea is to provide an arena where groups and individuals can experience the atmosphere of an authentic medieval working community.

I won't tell you how much money they've already spent on this fort, you'll have to read this article if you want to know.

Hmm, nice gesture, although I just can't see the relevance of this Trust at all! I know, I'm terrible, aren't I and I'm being very mean spirited.

Anyway, well done, Russ, for being such a generous mad man with your friends! I do really love him for doing ridiculous things like this! You know what though, I'm pretty sure that in similar circumstances, Gale would do crazy stuff like this, too! ;)

1 comments:

betty said...

Will be nice for future genetations and for all the people who visit Scotland on holiday to go see

Hit Statistics
Web Site Statistics